Do you love horses? Our organization cares for rescued horses in sanctuary, provides confidence and leadership training for teens and improved bedside manner training for medical students.
Grant Writer of Empowerment Through Connection (ETC) is the PNW non-profit partner working to ensure the sanctuary horses are cared for. In addition to overseeing the maintenance, operations, and public programming for the sanctuary horses, ETC is currently working to raise the essential program funding to help programs for teens and medical students. The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate ETC's mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Founder, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with grant databases. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are desired.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week