Are you a self-motivated accountant? Do you want to help protect the environment by using your accounting skills?
Then we want you on the team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is a non-profit organization that informs people about global warming and what they can do about it.
You will help WYI in all accounting aspects to support the team in the fight against climate change.
Expand your accounting skills while making the world a better place, send us your CV today!Job Description:
- Conduct annual verifications to ensure that WYI financial records are up to date and in compliance with WYI's policies and procedures.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Monitor and support all documents related to government taxation.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 1 years previous experience in an accounting role.
- Possess strong knowledge of accounting principals/practices specific to Québec and Canada.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills with positive attitude and strong communication skills.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment