Do you love horses? Our nonprofit a youth leadership program in partnership with horses.
Assist Founder in developing a teen program with primary concern for leadership focus.
KEY ROLE (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Leadership- Assist Founder in creating a club culture that facilitates positive youth development and impactful programs by setting high standards of excellence in program development and services for the club volunteers
Serve as program lead, includes training new club staff on all programs implemented at club level
Plan, develop, implement, facilitate and evaluate specific club programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests.
Coordinate volunteer effort to ensure programs are effectively supported.
Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
Assist in ensuring that club operates at optimal capacity.
Work effectively with the Founder, Volunteer Coordinator, volunteers and club members to accomplish organizational goals. Works at maintaining or enhancing ones self-esteem; Listens and responds with empathy; Asks for help and encourages involvement and takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others.
- Resource Management
Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
Assist Founder and Volunteer Coordinator in controlling clubhouse program and activity expenditures within approved limitations.
Assist Founder in developing partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations to increase the visibility of club programs and activities.
KEY BEHAVIORS (Performance skills- values and behaviors that drive on job success)
- Integrity- Maintains and promotes social, ethical and organizational norms in conducting internal and external club activities
- Individual leadership and influencing- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement
- Communication - Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations; adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience
- Judgment and Problem Solving- Committing an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values
- Delegation of Authority and Responsibility- Allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate direct reports; utilizing direct report’s time, skills, and potential while holding them accountable for results
- Planning and organizing/Work Measurement- Establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal; planning assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources
- Maximizing Performance- Establishes performance and developmental goals that are realistic and attainable, coaches for improved performance, provides training, and regularly evaluates
- Technical/Professional Knowledge - Has achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional knowledge in job-related areas; keeps abreast of current developments and trends
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Youth of the Month, etc.)
- Work with staff on special events
- Prior work experience in a youth program, organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to work on a computer
- Ability to work in a club environment with possible extended periods of movement and engagement with members
- Environmental Education
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours weekly