Talk About Parenting, a non-profit organization that works to improve and strengthen the quality of family life thereby benefiting the broader community, is hiring a Social Media intern. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability as a Social Media practitioner, passion for non-profits, digital media and production experience. Candidate must be local. Our non-profit focuses on parents. We provide parenting workshops, maintain a column blog and are available for speaking engagements.
Internship: 3-6 month internship
Ongoing maintenance work includes:
- Maintain knowledge of relevant topics in Parenting (read blogs, journals, newspapers, etc.)
- Craft messages for various Social Media targets and engage professionally with followers.(Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+)
- Work closely with staff to set execution timelines for scheduled automated posts
- Maintain calendar of events
- Attend 1-2 events per month to take photographs and provide live coverage of events on Social Media (Periscope, Twitter, etc.)
- Capture and edit video to post on YouTube channel.
- Prepare reports on site traffic and interactions on Social Media pages
- Prepare and send media packets for workshops and speaking engagements to identified contacts.
- Reintroduce "Talk About Parenting" Live as a YouTube talk show. Work with staff to book guests, film and edit segments
- Refresh Talk About Parenting: Produce new introduction pieces: Who is Shirlee Smith, What is Talk About Parenting?
- Talk About Parenting Podcast
Marketing, Google Analytics, Advertising, Branding, Social Media (Twitter, Facebook,YouTube, Google+), Nonprofit Experience (desirable, not required).
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Video Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment