Powisset Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm located in Dover, Massachusetts. Throughout the spring, the farm is a buzz, preparing for the upcoming CSA season, and we welcome committed volunteers to assist us. The property is a happy and bustling gathering space for our community and we would love to have you join us. This position will be held on Thursdays from April 6, 2017 through June 8, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Come learn more about farming as you work along side our farm staff. Many skills you learn will be transferable to your own home gardens.
* Help with all aspects of CSA/farm stand distribution
* Maintain the fields by weeding (by hand or by specialized hand tool), laying row cover, staking and tying tomatoes
* Help with transplanting of seedlings and hand scale direct seeding
* Maintain tools and facilities associated with field work including the wash-up station, harvest containers, harvest and weeding tools.
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the fields. We also suggest that you wear pants, however to do so is optional.
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours
* Enthusiasm for farming and being outside in all weather conditions
* Enthusiastic and able to do fast-paced, repetitive, detail-oriented work
* Ability to kneel and stand for an extended period of time
* Ability to identify the difference between a weed and specific veggies grown in the field
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment from April 6 - June 8, Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours weekly, 1 - 4 pm; Thurs. April-June
- Weekly commitment preferred
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Story Time Volunteer - Powisset...
- National Trails Day 2017 - Rocky...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Sunday Series Volunteer - Bird...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- World's End Ambassador
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...