Powisset Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm located in Dover, Massachusetts. Throughout the summer and fall, the farm is a buzz, planting and harvesting for the current CSA season, and we welcome committed volunteers to assist us. The property is a happy and bustling gathering space for our community and we would love to have you join us. This position will be held on Monday mornings 9:00 a.m. - noon and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Come learn more about farming as you work along side our farm staff. Many skills you learn will be transferable to your own home gardens.
* Help with all aspects of CSA/farm stand distribution
* Maintain the fields by weeding (by hand or by specialized hand tool), laying row cover, staking and tying tomatoes
* Help with transplanting of seedlings and hand scale direct seeding
* Maintain tools and facilities associated with field work including the wash-up station, harvest containers, harvest and weeding tools.
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the fields. We also suggest that you wear pants, however to do so is optional.
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours
* Enthusiasm for farming and being outside in all weather conditions
* Enthusiastic and able to do fast-paced, repetitive, detail-oriented work
* Ability to kneel and stand for an extended period of time
* Ability to identify the difference between a weed and specific veggies grown in the field
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment. Mondays, 9 a.m. - noon; Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours weekly, 1 - 4 pm; Thurs. April-June
- Weekly commitment preferred
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- World's End Ambassador
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...