Powisset Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm located in Dover, Massachusetts. Throughout the summer and fall, the farm is a buzz, planting and harvesting for the current CSA season, and we welcome committed volunteers to assist us. The property is a happy and bustling gathering space for our community and we would love to have you join us. This position will be held on Monday mornings 9:00 a.m. - noon and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Come learn more about farming as you work along side our farm staff. Many skills you learn will be transferable to your own home gardens.
* Help with all aspects of CSA/farm stand distribution
* Maintain the fields by weeding (by hand or by specialized hand tool), laying row cover, staking and tying tomatoes
* Help with transplanting of seedlings and hand scale direct seeding
* Maintain tools and facilities associated with field work including the wash-up station, harvest containers, harvest and weeding tools.
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the fields. We also suggest that you wear pants, however to do so is optional.
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours
* Enthusiasm for farming and being outside in all weather conditions
* Enthusiastic and able to do fast-paced, repetitive, detail-oriented work
* Ability to kneel and stand for an extended period of time
* Ability to identify the difference between a weed and specific veggies grown in the field
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment. Mondays, 9 a.m. - noon; Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Mon 9 am–noon &/or Thurs 1 pm - 4 pm
- Weekly commitment preferred
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Communications Intern - Francis...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- Barnyard Story Hour Volunteer -...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Engagement & Education Volunteer...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...