Powisset Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture farm located in Dover, Mass. Throughout the summer, the barn is a buzz during weekly CSA pick ups, a kids’ play area and a weekly farm stand. The property is a happy and bustling gathering space for our community. We would love to have you join us.
* Help with all aspects of CSA/farm stand distribution including morning harvest, prep, inventory, and record keeping
* Harvest and prep for distribution and sale a variety of seasonal vegetables which will include picking, bunching, washing, weighing, packing, occasional curing, and ensuring proper storage of crops
* Maintain the fields by weeding (by hand or by specialized hand tool), laying row cover, staking and tying tomatoes
* Help with transplanting of seedlings and hand scale direct seeding
* Maintain tools and facilities associated with field work including the wash-up station, harvest containers, harvest and weeding tools.
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the fields. We also suggest that you wear pants, however to do so is optional.
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Enthusiasm for farming and being outside in all weather conditions
* Enthusiastic and able to do fast-paced, repetitive, detail-oriented work
* Ability to kneel and stand for an extended period of time
* Ability to identify the difference between a weed and specific veggies grown in the field
We ask for a seasonal commitment of at least three months at a rate of at least four hours per week.
Volunteers will need to establish a regular weekly schedule with Powisset Farm Management.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours weekly, 3 month commitment; flexible sched
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Children's Public Program...
- Property Ambassador - Governor...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Event Assistant - Haskell Garden
- Carpenter Volunteer - Charles...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Saturday Drop-In Volunteer -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...