Powisset Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm located in Dover, Massachusetts. Throughout the season, the farm is a buzz, preparing for the CSA season, and we welcome committed volunteers to assist us. The property is a happy and bustling gathering space for our community and we would love to have you join us. This position will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. As the season progresses, volunteers will have the opportunity to work in the fields alongside experienced farm staff. Come learn more about farming as you work along side our farm staff. Many skills you learn will be transferable to your own home gardens.
* Assist with greenhouse duties including, but not limited to cleaning trays, seeding, watering seedlings, repotting of seedlings, filling trays for seeding, fertilizing and hardening plants off
* Assist with cleaning up at the end of the day and organizing tools and equipment
* Maintain hygienic greenhouse conditions in order to stifle the growth of weeds, pests, and plant disease within the greenhouse
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the greenhouse. We also suggest that you wear pants, however to do so is optional. Because the greenhouse can be very bright, we also suggest wearing a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Don’t forget your water bottle!
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours
* Prior greenhouse/field experience is a plus, but not essential
* Willingness to learn and work hard is required
* Be able to stand for entirety of shift
* Be able to lift 25lbs.
* Must have legible handwriting and the ability to read a spreadsheet
* Knowledge of horticulture is helpful, but not required
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment, Wednesdays and/or Fridays from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Wed and/or Fri, 9 am - noon
- Committed volunteers preferred
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Skilled Trades Volunteer - Lyman...
- Invasive Species Control...
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Norris Reservation Fall Clean Up
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Assistant Wrangler Volunteer -...
- Pop-Up Membership Tabling...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Sukkot Festival Volunteer -...
- Vegetation Monitors - Deer...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...