Powisset Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm located in Dover, Massachusetts. Throughout the spring, the farm is a buzz, preparing for the upcoming CSA season, and we welcome committed volunteers to assist us. The property is a happy and bustling gathering space for our community and we would love to have you join us. This position will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays, from March 1, 2017 through June 9, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Come learn more about farming as you work along side our farm staff. Many skills you learn will be transferable to your own home gardens.
* Assist with greenhouse duties including, but not limited to cleaning trays, seeding, watering seedlings, repotting of seedlings, filling trays for seeding, fertilizing and hardening plants off
* Assist with cleaning up at the end of the day and organizing tools and equipment
* Maintain hygienic greenhouse conditions in order to stifle the growth of weeds, pests, and plant disease within the greenhouse
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the greenhouse. We also suggest that you wear pants, however to do so is optional. Because the greenhouse can be very bright, we also suggest wearing a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Don’t forget your water bottle!
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours
* Prior greenhouse experience is a plus, but not essential
* Willingness to learn and work hard is required
* Be able to stand for entirety of shift
* Be able to lift 25lbs.
* Must have legible handwriting and the ability to read a spreadsheet
* Knowledge of horticulture is helpful, but not required
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment from March 1 - June 9, 2017 Wednesdays and/or Fridays from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Wed and/or Fri, 9 am - noon; March - June
- Committed volunteers preferred
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Story Time Volunteer - Powisset...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- World's End Ambassador
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...