Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity seeks a volunteer to manage our social media accounts. We would like to increase our social media presence and we need you to make this happen! This is the perfect fall 2016 opportunity for someone who is interested in utilizing their marketing skills by interacting with audiences online. You must be creative with your marketing and passionate about sharing Habitat's mission with the Merrimack Valley. You will be reporting to the Director of Marketing and will assist her in any necessary outreach to our supporters. This is a volunteer position that may be eligible for fulfilling community service hours for your school.
- Create engaging posts 3-4 times a week for our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn audiences.
- Schedule posts in advance through Hootsuite to keep our social media presence consistent.
- Respond to people's comments and questions on our posts in a professional manner.
- Evaluate our analytics and record what posts are most engaging, most liked/shared, etc.
- Repost and stay up to date with Habitat for Humanity International and our Restore communications.
- This position offers flexible days and hours. We are open 8:30 am- 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- We would prefer to have someone who can work a combination of at the office and remotely.
- This position is for August to December 2016
- Must have strong organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfortable using common social media platforms and Hootsuite.
- Must be enthusiastic and committed to enhancing our social media efforts.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and why you would be a good fit for this position to our Director of Marketing, Jennifer Hilton, at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office at 978-681-8858 if you have any questions.
- Administrative Support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed