Rukundo International, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is seeking an outgoing, responsible high school or college student to start and lead their own chapter of RI Clean Water though a club at the high school, college or university they attend. Specific days and number of hours are flexible and can be negotiated based upon availability and schedule. RI is formed to provide educational opportunities, healthcare and nutrition, community-based support, and hope to orphans and other underprivileged and at-risk children and their extended families in Kabale, Uganda.
Please visit www.RukundoInternational.org for more information about our organization.
This position is unpaid, but provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations and development, strategic marketing strategy, public relations, special events coordination, and special projects through hands-on project based experience. This position can earn you Student Service Learning Hours (SSL Hours) or internship credit if needed for graduation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the Youth Outreach Coordinator, the High school or College Club Intern will assist with the following tasks.
- Familiarize self with mission, vision, and objectives of the organization
- Start and lead a club at their college
- Fundraise and bring awareness to the cause and organization
- Help develop, design, coordinate, and assemble marketing materials
- Write and develop content for use in newsletters, media releases, e-news, website, and fundraising campaigns
Additional duties based on areas of interest could be:
- Identify and contact potential donors
- Support the Social Media Director with managing social media strategy
- Develop activities which support RI’s mission and bring awareness to our organization
- Must have an appreciation for education
- Willingness to learn about the nonprofit sector
- Passion for outreach and heart for helping the less fortunate
- Must be a competent user of MS Office applications
- Quick learner, organized, with appreciation to detail
- Knowledge of social media (especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Must be a self-starter, with a proven record of working independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Editing/proofreading skills
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Flexible, preferably 4 hours a week
- Volunteers Needed to Acquire...
- International Programs Manager
- Outreach Manager
- Vice President
- Clean Water Chapter of Ugandan...
- College Club Leader for...
- QuickBooks Online Bookkeeper for...
- Web Designer and Content Manager
- High School Club Leader for...
- Social Media Marketing for the...
- Collect Used Shoes to Create...