Summary: YMCA International Services seeks a Volunteer Pre-GED Tutor to work closely with the Pre-GED Administrator
Position Title: Volunteer Pre-GED Tutor
Reports To: Pre-GED Administrator
Hours: 1-5 hours per week
The Volunteer Tutor will work closely with the Pre-GED Administrator to help with tutoring the students. Our class meets on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 8:30am-12:30pm. The volunteer would work closely with the Administrator to set "Tutoring Hours" in which the volunteer will be available to help the students as needed. These hours will depend on the volunteer’s availability and are flexible. The students will be made aware of the tutoring hours and will schedule appointments in advance.
- Volunteer will uphold YMCA mission, values, and guidelines
- Volunteer will keep track of all hours spent volunteering and will provide this to the Pre-GED Administrator every month.
- Volunteers with experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week
- Receptionist Assistant Volunteer
- ESL Tutor - Help Refugees Learn...
- Apartment Setup and Warehouse...
- Volunteer Citizenship Assistant
- Kinyarwanda Interpreter
- Relationship Enhancement Course...
- ESL Tutor - In the community
- Burmese Interpreter
- Pre-GED Tutor
- Administrative Employment...
- Farsi Interpreter-Help Refugees