Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana is in need of a volunteer to help us keep up the computers throughout our Clubs. If you have experience fixing and troubleshooting computer issues, this opportunity would be a great fit for you! This opportunity is perfect for a college student looking for an internship.
The PC Technician will have the following responsibilities:
* Providing basic troubleshooting assistance for personal computer users.
* Supporting computer users with installation of basic hardware/software and networking components to meet personal computer needs.
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting basic problems with individual or multiple computer systems in order to maintain proper functioning; resolving issues including contacting and assisting vendors.
* Recommending hardware solutions regarding personal computers in assigned areas.
* Assisting with computer studies, projects, and implementation of policies throughout area of assignment.
* Conducting diagnostic reviews and producing error reports as requested by customers in order to identify and correct any problems.
We our looking for someone with knowledge and experience working with computer hardware, software, computer systems, local area networks, and computer peripherals such as printers and scanners. If you're looking to share your technology skills with a leading non-profit, please contact our volunteer coordinator
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
- IT Help Desk
- Network Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours a week