Strong Prison Wives & Families Inc. has helped thousands of women and their families start new lives by breaking the cycle, defying stigma and reducing recidivism. We are a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) and registered Charity, providing a supportive and caring environment for women and families with these issues. Based in New Jersey, we have been providing a supportive global community for women and family members entering into life of what happens when a family member is incarcerated for more than 4 years. The Volunteer Board is recruiting community members who share the non-profits vision to lead the Community as it moves forward at a critical juncture in its long and successful history, and to participate in the varied organizational activities that underpin our non-profit. This is a very active period for the non-profit, and the Volunteer Board has committed to expanding itself in order to meet the non-profit’s needs.
Minimal requirements are a one-year commitment to attend monthly Volunteer Meetings via conference call, monthly Volunteer Committee Team Meetings via conference call and to engage in proactive measures to help us advance and strengthen the Society’s capacity to serve.
You can help us do this through your skills and knowledge in:
Skills and Experience:
- An interest in or lived experience of a family member being incarcerated is an asset
- Knowledge of non-profit/charitable organization context and operating procedures an asset
- We welcome a diverse range of skills, experience and background, both professional and personal
Monthly Volunteer Board meetings (two hours/meeting)
Additional Committee meetings based on interest and skills
Minimum commitment of one year
Benefits and Recognition:
- You will be making a contribution that makes a fundamental, life-changing difference for women and their families
- You will have the opportunity to impact the mission of this organization at a critical time in its development.
- Community involvement and creation
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Volunteer Board meetings (two hours/meeting) Additional Committee meetings based on interest