Program Team Spring Intern 2017
This position requires dedication and a strong sense of personal responsibility in a quickly changing environment. Applicants should be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and communicating with people with limited English skills. The intern will promote Refugee Focus programs to the community in a highly professional manner and will be available to assist with any and all activities as they arise (this can either be a 20-hour or 40-hour per week internship).
- Women’s Empowerment Program and Child Services Events and Field Trips: The primary purpose is to increase the quality and quantity of our cultural field trip programming. Duties will include researching potential field trips, locating community support for free or discounted events, recruiting participants and scheduling transportation.
- Women’s Empowerment Program: Coordinate the WEP health classes and nutrition classes held on the first and second Fridays of each month. Duties will include inviting clients, arranging for interpretation, and securing all materials and items needed for these classes
- Community Outreach and Fundraising on behalf of the Women’s Empowerment Program and Child Services: The intern will connect with the community to promote Refugee Focus programming and will be able to represent the refugee program to the community as well as assist in securing sponsorships and donations.
- Women’s Empowerment Program: Assist with inventory and merchandising as well as outreach for potential new venues to sell WEP items. The intern will be responsible for checking the inventory database, adding new products, and checking the stock and inventory at vendor locations in Downtown and Central Phoenix.
- Tutoring: Periodically fill in as a substitute Computer tutor as needed
- Basic Computer Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-40 hours per week
- Online application, 2 professional references
- Interpreter Coordinator
- Refugee Focus Spring Intern 2017
- School Assistant for Refugee ELL...
- PART-TIME SEWING INSTRUCTOR
- Professional Mentors Needed
- Computer Tutor
- Refugee Focus Women’s...
- English Language Training...
- English Language Tutor for...
- Refugee Child Care Volunteer
- Women's Nutrition Volunteer...