ELT Program Assistant Intern 2017
This position requires dedication and a strong sense of personal responsibility in a quickly changing environment. Applicants should be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and communicating with people with limited English skills. The intern will promote Refugee Focus programs to the community in a highly professional manner and will be available to assist with any and all activities as they arise (this can either be a 20-hour or 40-hour per week internship).
- Conduct regular outreach to area resettlement agencies and constituents regarding, demands, relationships with all other agencies and class site personnel
- Assist the Coordinator with enrollment, testing, and placement of ELT refugee/asylee students
- Recruit, screen, train, supervise, and support volunteers in their ELT assignments as teachers’ assistants and individual tutors
- ELT Tutoring: Periodically fill in as a substitute ELT tutor and Computer tutor as needed
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-40 hours per week
- Online application, 2 professional references
- Refugee Focus Spring Intern 2017
- School Assistant for Refugee ELL...
- PART-TIME SEWING INSTRUCTOR
- Professional Mentors Needed
- Computer Tutor
- Refugee Focus Mentoring Program...
- Refugee Focus Women’s...
- English Language Training...
- English Language Tutor for...
- Refugee Child Care Volunteer
- Women's Nutrition Volunteer...