This position is intended for volunteers looking to leverage their capacity to interact and support NewAP clients. In this dynamic role, the volunteer will assist clients with public benefit applications during Thursday walk-ins. The volunteer will receive training in public assistance application procedures, as well as direct support during their shift at NewAP.
- Determine best course of action for walk-in client depending on information provided.
- Complete public benefit applications and renewals (CAPS, Medicaid, and/or SNAP/Food Stamp benefits) for client through COMPASS Community Partnership website.
- Collect, make copies, and upload necessary verification documents for DFCS and NewAP.
- Provide each client with a tracking number for submitted application and uploaded documents.
- Provide each client with individual support and assistance.
- Keep log/record of assisted clients, tracking numbers, and any needed follow up.
- Attend training for COMPASS Community Partnership online portal and benefit applications.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate easily with people of various ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Strong computer skills (typing, database searches, Internet navigation)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to procedures
- Ability to work in fast-paced and hands-on environment
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Send your resume & cover letter to Teni-Ola Ogunjobi at firstname.lastname@example.org