Weekday Warriors Needed! Retired and want to give back? Volunteer for Fair Trade!
18 people are interested
Ten Thousand Villages is Austin's only 100% fair trade store, dedicated to empowering artisans in developing countries. We're a nonprofit retail space run by an awesome team of volunteers, and we want YOU to join our fair trade family!
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Customer service - sharing our mission with customers, and helping them find the perfect fair trade treat
- Merchandise support - unpacking amazing new item shipments, keeping shelves stocked with treasures, and maintaining beautiful in store displays
- Surprise tasks! You never know what projects you're going to be working on at your shift. You might be styling clothes on a mannequin, entering sales data, following up customer orders, polishing jewelry, or watering the plants. We mix it up!
- 15% discount in store, and a first look at our new products
- Continuing education and development opportunities
- Monthly social events with our great volunteer network
We're currently looking for volunteers with weekday availability to help out in store on Burnet Road, particularly on weekday afternoons from 2-6pm. You'll receive our new volunteer training over two initial shifts in store, then be invited to carry on training in the areas that interest you most.
Interested? Find out more at our next Volunteer Orientation, held at 7pm on a weekday in store. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the next date and RSVP!
We'll work with your schedule.
4803 Burnet RdAustin, TX 78756
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Two shifts per month