In the coming weeks, Met Council will be distributing thousands of pounds of food to our clients in need throughout the five boroughs for Rosh Hashanah. With distributions throughout the month of September, Met Council has over 100 individual volunteering slots available.
Please note: While there are distributions throughout the entire month, Met Council is especially in need of volunteer support on Thursday September 8th and Tuesday September 20th.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Sign-In / Registration: Welcome clients as they arrive at the pantry sites, register the clients to receive food, and give pantry instructions.
- Food Pantry Volunteer: Unload palets of food, stock pantry shelves, pack food boxes, clean and organize food pantries.
- Food Distribution: Help with the distribution of Kosher-for-Passover food to Jewish New Yorkers in need. Volunteers will assist clients with their choice of Kosher food, assist Met Council staff with carrying, opening, sorting, and moving boxes of food. We ask that volunteers are able to stand for long periods of time and lift 25 pounds.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours
- Close-toed shoes, long pants or skirt, comfortable standing for up to several hours