The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of My Veteran Community, Inc.’s fund raising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission: MyVeteranCommunity unites veterans, service members, and their families with organizations and professionals nation wide as well as developing much needed programs in order to solve real world problems while recreating a sense of camaraderie.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fund raising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fund raising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fund raising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fund raising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fund raising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about My Veteran Community with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fund raising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fund raising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Due to My Veteran Community, Inc. being a new organization we are not able to provide any kind of compensation at this time. This will be conducted as volunteer work around your personal schedule. As we grow and raise funds this could very well open up into a full time position with market based compensation. This would be the perfect opportunity for someone looking to gain experience for the future, and especially to bolster your resume.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Business Development
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Work around personal schedule as needed.
- Must host 4+ fundraising events throughout the year.