Join NYC Votes as we travel to Albany on May 8 to meet with our state representatives to advocate for election reform. It is time for New York to act and remove barriers that keep eligible individuals from voting.
Our democracy is strongest when everyone can participate.
Buses will leave New York City in the early morning and return that evening.
All volunteers must attend a training session prior to the trip.
NYC Votes Legislative agenda is as follows:
- Early voting, S7400 and A2064. New Yorkers should have an 8-day period, including Saturdays and Sundays, to ease long lines on Election Day and give voters flexibility as they juggle work and family obligations.
- Voter Empowerment Act, S3304 and A2278,to ensure every eligible citizen is registered to vote and make it easier to update their voting information.
- New York Votes Acts, A5312, which would provide for automatic and same-day registration, early voting, and no-excuse absentee voting, as well as additional protection for voters.
- Preclearance, S6164 and A5925, ensures that no citizen is denied their right to vote based on race or minority status. It requires counties with populations with at least 10 percent of any racial, ethnic, or language minority group to get approval from the New York State Attorney General before making any changes to the voting process, such as changing poll site locations or purging the voter list.
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- All day
- Attend a training session prior to the date