To develop, update, or review resumes with EMERGE participants. Coach and train clients on how to develop and customize resumes for the future. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to: assisting clients in creating a resume from scratch, editing an existing resume, training clients how to create and edit resumes on their own, teaching the importance of resume customization for specific jobs, and assisting clients in submitting online job applications.
- Provide one-to-one assistance to participants
- Provide general assistance with computer basics, including, but not limited to: working with Word, e-mail accounts, and online job searches and applications
- Review personal information with clients and ask clarifying questions if adequate information is not provided
- Develop or update resumes to assist clients in successfully applying to and obtaining a job
- Other tasks as needed
- Familiarity and comfort with basic computer use as well as common online job application processes
- Proficient typing skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to be patient with learners
- Ability to work well with others and communicate well with diverse participants and staff
The workshops is every other Monday 10am - 12pm.
Volunteers in this position will experience serving and coaching individuals with varying levels of both technology competency and job readiness. Volunteers will be working with diverse populations and will be given the chance to utilize and develop both their personal customer service and problem-solving skills. Volunteers may also, depending upon their prior expertise and skill level, gain knowledge on best resume-writing and editing practices.
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser's address bar to fill out our online application:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours each time