The Volunteer Ally is responsible for providing direct victim services advocacy and/or community outreach for the Northwest Arkansas Center for Sexual Assault (NWACSA) in accordance with NWACSA policies and best- practices. There is no monetary compensation, and schedules are self-selected with pre-approval of the Victim Services Coordinator.
- Commitment and belief in the NWACSA mission
- Willingness to educate one’s self on the issues surrounding sexual assault.
- Attend initial 9 hour training as well as the required 12 hour ACASA online training after initial training.
- Provide assistance 1-3 days a month to 24-Hour Crisis Hotline.
- Back up on-call staff is always available for any questions, concerns or debriefing needs after a call.
- Always contact the Victim Services Coordinator when a client requests information. Keep in contact with Victim Services Coordinator about any questions or concerns you may have.
- Fill out Call Sheets/Escort Forms/monthly volunteer time sheets and return to Victim Services Coordinator.
Community Outreach responsibilities include:
- Provide public presentations to community groups, school groups, area professionals, etc., as assigned or approved by the Victim Services Coordinator or Executive Director.
- Fill out necessary statistical forms/monthly volunteer time sheets and return to Victim Services Coordinator. Keep in contact with Victim Services Coordinator.
- Promote and support the mission of NWACSA in the community.
- Educate one’s self on issues relating to volunteer/advocacy, including familiarity with Training Manual. Sign Volunteer Agreement, covering all NWACSA policies and procedures.
- Abide by NWACSA policies set forth by the Board of Director and by the Executive Director.
- Do not discriminate against any client because of race, color, spiritual beliefs, gender identification, age, national origin, or differing abilities.
- Administrative Support
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training