The Representative Payee Program is a county-sponsored voluntary program in conjunction with the the county Department of Aging and Disabilities and the Social Security Administration that helps county residents who are medically incapable of managing their financial affairs. The program serves to prevent homelessness/inappropriate institutionalization of vulnerable adults and is an alternative to guardianship for those with limited income.Client must not have any other resource (relative, friend, etc.) who would be able to assist with this function. The volunteer is FBI & SSA approved and must visit the client monthly.
Representative Payee Program volunteers help the client:
* Pay bills for essential needs/balance checkbook monthly/maintain stability financially
* Set up a direct deposit account
* Submit monthly and annual reports
* Report anything affecting eligibility to Social Security
* Record & report savings and investments
* Use benefits in the best interest of client.
* Establish & maintain a budget; keep receipts
Please contact Janice Hicks - Representative Payee Program Manager: 410-421-8439 , or by email - Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org , to obtain additional information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training