Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County Pontiac ReStore is a resale store that accepts home furnishing donations from community residents and sells them to benefit our Habitat mission of assisting families on their path to homeownership. The ReStore is open Tuesday thru Saturday from 9am until 5pm. We have a morning shift (9am-1pm) and an afternoon shift (1pm-5pm) available.
We are in need of a multitude of volunteer positions!
1. Cashier - Works the cash register proficiently, knows sale promotions for the day, directs customers to the concerige desk, guides customers through the store and answers general questions
2. Mt./Mrs. Fix It - Fixes furniture or other donated items that need some TLC
3. Greeter - Greets customers as they enter the store and wishes them a happy day on their way out
4. Department Head - Making sure the merchandise in your department is cleaned,priced, and brought out on the sales floor in a timely manner. Ensures that merchandise is displayed nicely and answers customer questions.
5. Organizer - Organizes the merchandise for select departments.
6. Donation In-take - Helping our donors as they unload their donations, providing each donor with the appropriate paperwork for their donation. Then taking the donations,pricing them, and giving them to the appropriate department.
7. Hospitality - Makes baked goods, breakfast, or lunch for our wonderful ReStore volunteers.
If any of these positions appeal to your skill set, or your looking to come join a wonderful community please sign up on our Volunteer Calendar: http://volunteerup.com/ProjectCal.asp?o=181. If you would like some more information please reach out to our Volunteer Manager, Annabelle Wilkinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service
- Appliance Repair
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- We have 4 hours shifts available!