Do you have a passion for social justice?? Do you feel a burning desire to help kids in other parts of the world have access to the same opportunities as yourself?
How about helping Street Child get Ebola orphans off the streets, back into loving familes, and into school? Or doing the same for a kid in Nepal whose home and school were destroyed by the devastating earthquake in April last year?
We think working with us is an amazing opportunity to change the lives of others, make a lasting impact in the world, and leave behind an ever-glowing footprint of compassion! And that's exactly how we feel about what we do!
Street Child brings education and poverty relief to children in West Africa and Nepal. We reunite families, we provide emergency food relief, and we also create sustainable job opportunities so that families can afford to feed and educate their kids.
We need as many persuasive, passionate, and creative volunteers as possible to help us harness the power of community groups to raise money for our projects in Nepal and Western Africa:
- University student groups
- Rotary clubs
- Lions clubs
- Running or other sports clubs
- Local businesses
if you know anyone in a group like this, or are a member yourself, we would LOVE for you to join us in our vital quest to bring education to the world's poorest children.
It only costs $400 to totally turn an Ebola orphan's life around, so we're talking about an amount easily achieved through a bake-sale, sponsored walk, donation of a Sunday collection, sponsored own-clothes day, or anything else you can think of. All ideas welcome!
Street Child is a global non-profit. Our organizations in West Africa and Nepal carry out our mission to enable the world's poorest children to get to school, and stay there, and they are funded by our fundraising offices in Britain, Europe - and US.
Street Child US is the newest of these fundraising offices, so you really would be part of a grassroots movement, helping make a start-up successful.
- Creative thinking around the best ways to engage people in your mission
- Confident and persuasive when cold-calling
- Experienced at getting other people interested in what you do
- An excitable, passionate, and dynamic individual who refuses to take no for an answer!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Depending on how much you raise, we can provide professional references
- The opportunity to develop skills and knowledge useful for your future, such as communication and persuasion
- Recognize and thank you on our website and social media
- The opportunity to volunteer in a genuinely meaningful way. Right now Street Child has one member of staff, and you’re getting in at grassroots level.
- If there are other things you want/need, tell us and we’ll see what we can do.
If you’re interested in helping children access the education they deserve, please get in touch.
Best wishes - and thank you!
Anna (Street Child US CEO)
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Whatever you can give