Hello and welcome to an amazing opportunity to change the lives of others, make a lasting impact in the world, and leave behind an ever-glowing footprint of compassion!
Street Child brings education and poverty relief to children in West Africa and Nepal. We reunite families, we provide emergency food relief, and we also create sustainable job opportunities so that families can afford to educate their kids.
We are looking to recruit a talented individual with experience of successfully fundraising from foundations in the US, to prepare applications and raise funds for our work in Nepal and West Africa.
Street Child is a non-profit organization which started 8 years ago in Britain and has finally made its way to the US! Currently we’re in the process of starting up all fundraising functions, and are very keen to develop support from foundations quickly.
- Experience of writing successful applications to foundations - perhaps you are in your first job, and looking to test out your new skills on another organization?
- Knowledge of research platforms (Google, LinkedIn etc)
- Quick to understand and be able to re-communicate information on a particular topic
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including confident on the phone
- Contact foundations, tell them about Street Child, and ask if we can send a letter of inquiry (LOI)
- Prepare and send out (post, email etc) applications, small asks, and LOIs
- Research data and contextual background information for any larger applications
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We can’t pay, but we can:
- Provide professional references
- Offer you responsibility for the function, and the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge useful for your future
- Recognize and thank you on our website and social media
- Give you the chance to volunteer in a genuinely meaningful way. Right now Street Child has one member of staff, and you’re getting in at grassroots level.
- If there are other things you want/need, tell us and we’ll see what we can do.
Anna (Street Child US CEO)
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Whatever you can give