Hospice Volunteers Needed in Platte City!
18 people are interested
Hospice volunteers are needed in Platte City MO. They make a huge difference in someone's life by simply being present. They provide support and companionship to patients and families in their homes and long-term care facilities.
- Offer caregivers a short break and spend time with a patient
- Visit and reminisce with a patient in a long-term care facility
- Share your well-behaved 4 legged friend with our patients
- Interview patients and create a Life Journal, a book of a patient’s history
- Veteran volunteers can offer companionship to a fellow Vet
- Join our team of spirited volunteers who provide activities at various facilities
No nursing skills needed or personal care duties performed by volunteers. Hospice volunteering can be a meaningful and life-changing opportunity for anyone, even teens.
We are offering a training in Gladstone MO on January 20 & March 31, 2018. If these trainings are too far for you, do not worry, let us come to you! Individual training is frequently arranged with those who are a distance from our offices or for whom the scheduled trainings do not work with their personal calendar. Just give us a call and let’s arrange to get together. Know that once you are trained, we will keep you in Platte City and surrounding area, to serve in your community!
We'll work with your schedule.
all around Platte CityPlatte City, MO 64079
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 45 min to 2 hours a week.
- A caring and compassionate heart. We will train you on the rest.