Outreach Volunteer: Delivering Library Materials
Deliver the public library to local residents! Marshall Public Library is in need of several volunteers who can commit 1-2 hours each month to deliver pre-selected library materials. Volunteers will visit homebound individuals and residents of assisted living facilities who are unable to visit the library due to disability, illness, or age. This position is vital to the success of library Outreach Services.
- Submit volunteer application and pass a background check.
- Be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to bend, push, pull, stretch, reach and lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to be sensitive, patient, understanding and respectful of clients' situation and needs.
- Willingness to be creative, flexible, enthusiastic and have a sense of humor.
- Have good communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent delivery schedule.
- Successfully complete training program.
- Deliver library materials to an assigned facility or homebound resident once a month on a regular schedule.
- Return materials to circulation area to be checked in.
- Meet reporting requirements including monthly reports on hours of service, items delivered and number of residents visited.
Length of Commitment: Minimum one year, prefer long term.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a month, 1 year minimum
- Headline: Newspaper Researchers...
- Bring a little mystery and...
- Language and Literacy Tutors...
- Attention, Techies!
- You Don’t Know Jack…London
- Outreach Volunteer Driver
- Help Someone’s Family Tree to Grow
- Lions and tigers and…dragons??!!...
- Calling All Musicians!
- Make History Personal
- 010010000110010101101...do you...
- Let's Talk!
- You + Tutoring = Math Literacy
- Outreach Volunteer
- Published Author Needed
- It’s a Jungle (or at least a...
- Volunteer at Marshall Public...