Outreach Volunteer: Record Keeping and Statistics
Are you a detail-oriented, organized individual who loves to read? Marshall Public Library wants your help! Assist library staff with selecting, pulling, and recording materials for delivery to homebound individuals and assisted living facility residents. This position is vital to the success of library Outreach Services.
- Submit volunteer application and pass a background check.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willingness to be creative, flexible, enthusiastic and have a sense of humor.
- Have good communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Have a love of literature and a broad knowledge of reading materials.
- Be sensitive and open-minded to patron’s individual reading preferences.
- Prefer experience working with data entry, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successfully complete training program.
- Select, check out, and record materials for outreach delivery, based on patron interests.
- Maintain statistics on items delivered and patrons visited.
- Maintain outreach accounts and partner with Outreach librarian on overdue materials.
- Meet reporting requirements including monthly reports on hours of service, items pulled and patrons served.
Length of Commitment: Minimum six months, prefer long term.
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 months