Hospice Volunteers Needed in Lawson!
2 people are interested
Hospice volunteers make a huge difference in someone's life by simply being present. They provide support and companionship to patients and families in their homes and long-term care facilities.
- Offer caregivers a short break and spend time with a patient
- Visit and reminisce with a patient in a long-term care facility
- Share your well-behaved 4 legged friend with our patients
- Interview patients and create a Life Journal, a book of a patient’s history
- Veteran volunteers can offer companionship to a fellow Vet
- Join our team of spirited volunteers who provide activities at various facilities
No nursing skills needed or personal care duties performed by volunteers. Hospice volunteering can be a meaningful and life-changing opportunity for anyone, even teens.
If you would like to join us for training on Saturday, August 10th, please call Kathy at 816-389-5426. We are also able to schedule individual training should this date not work for you.
We'll work with your schedule.
all around Lawson, MOLawson, MO 64062
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 45 min to 2 hours each week
- A kind and caring heart. We will teach you the rest.