It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
650 W. Alluvial AvenueFresno, CA 93711
Be with someone in their last moments. As a vigil volunteer of AseraCare, you will provide on-call support to patients and families in the last 24-48 hours of life.
Vigil volunteers will:
- Create a calming and peaceful environment for patients who are actively dying/imminent (i.e. play music, talk with a patient who is not responsive)
- Provide gentle touch to the hand, back, arms, shouldar or hold hands
- Be a support system for family and friends near, and post, death of a patient
As a vigil volunteer, please remember the following:
- You must be comfortable with, and able to talk about, death and dying
- During a vigil, a patient could pass in front of you
- AseraCare provides hospice in different settings. A few places you could be doing a vigil at include: a patients home, a skilled nursing facility or assisted living facility
- Vigils take place in the last hours before death. You will need to be available to work during the day, night, and sometimes overnight
Volunteers are non-medical and do not feed or administer medication to patients.
Please contact Justin Kamimoto, Volunteer Coordinator, for more information.
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible time committment
- Two-step TB Test, Flu Shot
Report this opportunity