- To provide residents with opportunity to participate in spiritual activities.
Benefit to Resident/Presbyterian Homes:
- Resident’s spiritual needs will be enhanced.
- Resident will participate in activity that replicates past religious involvement.
- Will prepare appropriate material for presentation/discussion i.e. Bible study, Biblical object lesson.
- Will address group realizing cognitive and physical limitations. i.e. impaired hearing, sight, etc.
- Attempt to involve group in discussion.
- Possible use of music to enhance activity.
- May assist in escorting residents to/from activity.
- Desire to share knowledge and spiritual experience with resident.
- Exhibits good judgment in choice of subject matter.
- Ability to project voice to be heard or amplified
- Ability to provide positive customer service.
- 1 to 2 hours per week.
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Self fulfillment through helping others.
- Complimentary lunch.
- Chaplain/Recreational Therapy.
Training and/or Support Provided:
- General volunteer orientation.
- Specific training provided by Chaplain/Recreational Therapy.
- Problem Solving
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training