FUNDRAISER: Blue Jeans | Pajamas
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
You can help bring awareness and support for Ruff House Rescue. Won’t you put your Blue Jeans or PJs on to help raise awareness to homeless and abused animals and raise funds in honor of man's (woman's too) best friend? Can be done at your school |university, employer, social club, sporting event, or organization allows and encourages people to wear jeans in return for a charitable contribution to RHR.
1 animal is euthanized in the U.S. every 16 seconds, 4 million annually (Humane Society of US).
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." The Dalai Lama
This is can be a one day or a week event in which everyone is encouraged to wear denim jeans (or sweat pants, pajamas, flip flops, ...) for a purpose -- to raise awareness of animal issues and educate yourself and others about Ruff House Rescue's mission. You can take great pride in doing your part to help RHR!
Bring acknowledgement to Ruff House Rescue’s mission by bringing this to your school’s, employer’s or organization’s attention via the Jean For A Cause day (see below for more details).
May be responsible to collect donations for your organization.
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
Can start immediately.
Ability to communicate Ruff House Rescue's mission.
WHAT IS JEANS FOR THE DAY?
Employees/students get permission to wear blue jeans, sweats or pajamas for the day for a $1-$10 donation to a cause. You can even have people donate items instead of money. If you are doing items we have a wish list on Amazon (let us know we can email you that list).
Some employers even have Equitable matches where they will match the amount contributed by employees on each "Jeans for a Cause" day --- Your company's Human Resources Department would be able to let you know more.
- Put up/make posters or send around pamphlets.
- Will you be having other fundraising activities (such as selling baked items)? You can organize a team of volunteers to help you.
- Send out an e-mail and use social media channels to let people know you will be holding a Jeans For a Cause day and encourage them to get involved.
- Encourage everyone to wear appropriate attire for your function --- example: Pajama pants and loose sweatpants only (no pajama tops), tops can be casual shirts /tops and must have sleeves (no tank-tops). T-shirts and heavier shirts (such as sweatshirts) are okay. No nightgowns, nightshirts, lingerie and robes.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- Any questions or comments
- If you need any material from RHR for your event -- such as pamphlets
- When you are starting the opportunity
- Please make sure to take pictures of your group wearing jeans or pajamas so we can post them on Facebook and give you a special THANK YOU!
RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
Sorry no letter is provided. Some other ideas -- a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE see below.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 5
- * If under 18 years old please get permission from your parents.