The Connecticut Association for the Gifted (CAG),founded in 1969, is the pre-eminent parent, teacher and school resource and legislative advocate for Connecticut’s talented and high-ability students. CAG provides families with information, resources and programs to benefit their gifted and talented children; educators with high-quality professional development; and Boards of Education with the tools to support talented students. CAG is committed to increasing public awareness statewide that talented and high-ability children exist in all socio-economic, ethnic, and racial groups. CAG also is interested in extending its reach to traditionally underserved populations.
CAG is seeking an individual to serve as Treasurer of the Board of Directors.
As Treasurer, your responsibilities would be to:
- Serve as Ex-officio of the Finance and Audit Committee
- Be an authorized signer on checks and contracts
- Create and maintain policies related to the budget, audit, investment, financial controls and fiscal management philosophies
- Lead budget development and monitoring process
- Prepare reports for Board of Directors meetings on the status of the current budget, investments and any financial issues requiring Board review and/or approval
- Arrange payment of CAG expenses
- Train and oversee bookkeeper who:
- Enters monthly transactions with account and class categorizations into QuickBooks
- Issues financial reports, as needed
- Files tax returns annually
- Distributes 1099s
- Arrange for annual Financial Review, and provide information to CAG’s public accounting firm
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Board President.
This is an unpaid (volunteer) position. To apply or for further information contact Lisa Garner at email@example.com
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Resource Development / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment