Join us and help address hunger in our community. The Hot Meal Program (HMP) serves 150-200 meals three times weekly.
Hot Meal Program Lead Volunteers provide orientation and support for new Hot Meal Program Assistant Volunteers and support the Hot Meal Program Coordinator when he or she is on duty.
Lead Volunteers perform all the duties of Hot Meal Program Assistants (who help with preparation, cooking, serving and clean-up) and take on the following additional responsibilities:
-- Orient new volunteers when they arrive for their shift.
-- Provide ongoing, informal, on-the-job training and support to volunteers with less experience.
-- Provide support to the Hot Meal Program Coordinator, especially the Substitute HMP Coordinator, when he or she is on duty.
Shifts are Monday, 3-7 pm; Tuesday, 3-7 pm; and Wednesday, 9 am to 1:30 pm. Kitchens are located at the Greenwood Senior Center and St. John United Lutheran Church in Phinney.
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- year-long commitment preferred (for one day/wk)
- Prefer 6 mo experience w/ PNA Hot Meal Program, strong communication skills & a friendly disposition
- Help Seniors Stay Independent...
- Dazzle Our Guests as a Volunteer...
- Vegetable Garden Coordinator
- Create a Dementia-Friendly...
- Office Support Volunteer to Help...
- Hot Meal Program Lead Volunteer
- Give a ride, make a friend!
- Go-go Gadget Screwdriver
- Teach Seniors Something
- Feed Hungry Seniors!
- Food Pick Up Superhero (Cape...