Farmer Frog needs volunteers who are able to help coordinate with schools and community partners to help schools have successful gardens!
The "Garden Coordinator" positions work closely with a school partner to build and maintain school and community relationships to support the operations of the school garden and to make sure the garden (and the food it produces) is benefitting the greatest number of students and families possible.
Volunteers can help with any or all of the following, depending on your availability and interests:
- Promotes garden participation within the school and community and coordinates distribution of the produce grown to famiies in need within the district.
- Attends and helps coordinate garden work parties, promotion of garden and Farmer Frog at school events, attends PTA meetings and School staff/faculty events.
- Looks for opportunities to build relations with teachers and school staff, coordinating garden training courses for staff and faculty.
- Builds community support for the garden and seeks out funding opportunities with local organizations & businesses.
This position is flexible based on your availability but is an ongoing, weekly volunteer position. Various school locations are available, please submit your inquiry to discuss the available positions. Requires background check.
- People Skills
- Grant Writing / Research
- Environmental Education
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- flexible, but weekly commitment is required
- Understanding of public school district policy and procedures is helpful but not required.