Seeking Short-Term Host Homes for Refugees
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where223 N Yakima AveTacoma, WA 98403
Host homes offer shelter and hospitality to refugees for 1-2 weeks upon their arrival in the United States. This is a tremendous opportunity to share, learn, and assist displaced families begin their lives in a new country.
Purpose: Lutheran Community Services Northwest matches newly-arrived refugees with American host homes to begin their initial transition to the United States. Host homes are sought out when LCSNW is unable to secure permanent housing for refugees immediately upon arrival.
- Host refugee families or individuals in your home for 1-2 weeks immediately upon their arrival to Sea-Tac airport.
- Provide basic cultural orientation to your home and your immediate neighborhood.
- Communicate consistently with case managers about refugee's needs.
- Willingness to share your home with people of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Flexibility and patience.
- Background check.
- If transporting, must have a valid Washington State Driver's License and an insured vehicle.
- General Education
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training