MENTORS STOP RICHMOND KIDS FROM GOING TO PRISON
DONATE TO THIS
285 people are interested
Children of prisoners, ages 4 - 15 need mentors.
Youth and children are in dire need of mentors for guidance and nurturing to help stop the cycle of incarceration in their families.
Without a caring adult, mentor and role model, in their lives, these children are five times more likely to go to prison.
- Assist youth in making positive choices,
- Explore careers and higher education,
- Improve youth's grades,
- Assist youth's in setting goals for the future,
- See new things and places, and have fun!
- Be a positive role model and friend
- Mentoring boys and girls is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community
What Can you Do?
- Connect with a deserving child to help them see their potential,
- Be a role model and friend,
- Take part in a community to raise the children, where we each have a role.
How does it work?
- Mentors spend minimum of 8 hours per month together
- Focus on schoolwork
- Go to movies
- Sporting events or museums
- Simply talk and be a trusted friend
As a mentor, you have the opportunity to help a child see a whole new world and way of life.
For more volunteer information copy and paste the link below into browser!
Be A Mentor, Inc. has been positively interacting with at-risk and academically low performing youth since its founding in 1992 and continues to connect youth with dedicated volunteer adults throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide a direct mentoring service to at-risk youth (such as those in foster care; with incarcerated parents; susceptible to gang participation, drug/alcohol abuse or teen parenting; homeless/in transition or academically struggling).
We'll work with your schedule.
Richmond PAL2200 MacDonaldRichmond, CA 94801
- General Education
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours a week for 1 year
- References, In-Person interview