Island Beach State Park is a local treasure, volunteer to maintain this beautiful beachside park while enjoying wonderful views of the ocean and bay. Volunteers are needed to support various environmental restoration and stewardship projects including weeding, mulching, removing invasive botanical species and on rare occasions planting. The three primary tasks will include trail maintenance , getting in the brush and clearing weeds and if we finish early we will do a quick beach-sweep. This is a rain or shine project!
We will email a map of where to meet the day before the project, please call us if you did not receive the email by 12:00pm the day before at (973) 533-1993.
Wear closed toed shoes/boots.
Wear long pants instead of shorts to protect yourself while gardening.
Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
Bring a hat.
Bring work gloves if possible.
Bring water and snacks.
Wear insect repellent and sunscreen.
This is a labor intensive project, be ready to sweat!
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Marketplace in East Brunswick
- Plant it Forward in Newark
- Mobile Meals in Paterson
- Plant it Forward in Clifton
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Mobile Meals in Elizabeth
- Social Media Moguls in Livingston
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Plant it Forward in Montclair...
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Supper Club in Bridgewater
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Hunger Helpers in Hoboken
- Earth Keepers in Manchester
- Behind the Scenes with Jersey...