Institute of Flight, Board of Director (Volunteer)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where8415 Paine Field BoulevardMukilteo, WA 98275
See are seeking Board Members who are passionate about our vision and mission and have the willingness to give of their time, talent and treasure to help advance our nonprofit:
Responsibilities and Expectations of Institute of Flight Board Members
- Implement and update as appropriate the nonprofits vision, mission and values and strategic plan, IF bylaws, board policies, committee goals. Provide proper financial oversight, ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
- Review and approve board minutes and financial reports.
- Lead fundraising for the nonprofit and ensure adequate financial and staff resources are in place to implement nonprofits operations, programs and events.
- Determine, monitor and strengthen the organization’s program and services making sure they are consistent with the vision, mission and values and monitoring their effectiveness.
- To the nonprofits vision and mission, and to the local and international community at large
- To exercise reasonable care when making a decision as a steward of the IF.
- To never use information obtained as a member for personal gain, but act in the best interest of the organization.
- Select the Executive Director and ensure that the individual has the moral and professional support to further the goals of the organization, then periodically assess his or her performance and approve his or her compensation.
- Recruit and orient new board and committee members, and periodically assess the board’s performance.
- Attend the annual board retreat and a minimum of four of the six board meetings per year.
- Prepare for board and committee meetings by reviewing all related documents and materials in advance. Come prepared to actively participate and discuss the issues.
- Participate on a standing committee, and attend two Finance & Development Committee meetings during your first term.
- Assist in preparation and participate in two or more IF events/fundraisers per year.
- Financially support IF in a manner commensurate with one’s ability (100% participation is required).
- Share skills, expertise or in‐kind resources with the board/Foundation and provide guidance and counsel as needed.
- Identify and help recruit strong candidates for the board who will effectively represent IF.
- Utilize sphere of contacts to open doors for grants and other donations to the nonprofit.
- Be well informed and help communicate and promote IF mission and programs to the community.
- Support the nonprofit by directing requests to staff through the Executive Director.
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1 committee, 6 Board mtgs a yr & events
- Ability to contribute time, talent and treasure
- Membership Community Assistant...
- Event Photographer (Volunteer)
- Institute of Flight, Board of...
- Video Lead (Volunteer) position
- Membership Desk Assistant...
- Event & Brochure Graphic...
- Makerspace Facilitator - CAD/3D...
- Experienced Grant Writer...
- Web Designer (volunteer)
- Philanthropy Grant...
- Auction Item Procurement...
- Graphic Designer (Volunteer)