This service program offers students the opportunity to participate in several different service initiatives including reforestation projects, community environmental clean-up projects in partnership with local Greek students, work with the Rhodes Animal Welfare Society, and even archeological projects led by experts that will incorporate service while learning hands-on about the ancient history of the island.
Volunteers will work side by side with the local students and community members to implement sustainable improvements in the community. The experience will provide students the opportunity to learn, hands-on, about the challenges that this community faces and allow them to practice implementing solutions to these challenges first hand.
Hands-on cultural activities include a trip to the Valley of the Butterflies, a relaxed day visit to Lindos, classes in Greek cuisine, a night out in the medieval town (a fun and beautiful experience), and much more. The options for cultural and social enrichment in this location are vast and enriching.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Improving Shanty Towns in Lima
- Teaching English in Cusco
- Help us spread the word about...
- Reborn Expedition: Cambodia
- Need Khmer Translation and ESL...
- Out of Isolation: Albania...
- Pura Vida: Costa Rica
- Volta Vibrancy: Ghana
- Cuba Unlocked: Trinidad, Cuba
- On the Rhode to Better: Rhodes,...
- Peruvian Perspective: Arequipa,...
- Mundo Maya: the Guatamalan Journey
- Good at powerpoint? We need help!