An exotically beautiful country, Cambodia is rising from the ashes of the Killing Fields of the 1970s to become reborn as a premier tourist destination with a steadily growing economy. When you embark upon Bright Light Volunteers' Cambodia Reborn program, you will become a vital participant in Cambodia's rebirth.
Emerging from a time when access to all intellectual materials was banned, you will meet a people who are hungry for education. They want to learn and they need you to help teach them. With the growth of the tourist industry there is a great need for Cambodians who speak English. The ability to speak a foreign language popular with tourists gives the Cambodian people a way out of poverty, enabling them to rebuild their lives, their country, and their future.
While in Cambodia, you will have the opportunity to merge learning, fun, culture and sightseeing with exciting visits through vine-draped temples steeped in history at Angkor, the crowded and friendly markets of Siem Reap, cruises through the floating villages of Tonle Sap Lake, treks through the jungle of the sacred Kulen Mountain to visit the Reclining Buddha, and a picnic at one of the sites where the film "Tomb Raider" was shot.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Improving Shanty Towns in Lima
- Teaching English in Cusco
- Help us spread the word about...
- Reborn Expedition: Cambodia
- Need Khmer Translation and ESL...
- Out of Isolation: Albania...
- Pura Vida: Costa Rica
- Volta Vibrancy: Ghana
- Cuba Unlocked: Trinidad, Cuba
- On the Rhode to Better: Rhodes,...
- Peruvian Perspective: Arequipa,...
- Mundo Maya: the Guatamalan Journey
- Good at powerpoint? We need help!