This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about operational aspects of New American Pathways’ Career Services Department. In this role, the intern will have opportunities to apply and refine his or her skills related to supporting our clients’ with advanced English skills and/or professional backgrounds with employment endeavors, career development, and professional mentorship.Key Responsibilities
- Provides individualized training related to interviewing skills and professional branding
- Assists client with resume and cover letter preparation
- Conducts curriculum research in partnership with agencies and institutions for vocational workshops i.e. GRE workshop, College Admissions, Foreign Credential Evaluation and Financial Aid workshops
- Assists with coordinating professional mentorship program, Mentors for Vocational Pathways (MVP)
- Provides ongoing follow-up to support clients’ efforts toward self-sufficiency
- Provides outreach to new employers in collaboration with the department team
- Assists clients with transportation to interviews and orientations
- Assists with administrative duties as necessary
- ·Ability to communicate easily with people of various ethnic and educational backgrounds in written and oral form
- ·Strong organization skills; the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- ·Willingness to gain understanding of the basic refugee experience; sensitive to the refugees’ histories
- ·Knowledge of the college admissions process as an undergraduate or graduate student in USA preferred
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid i
- Adult Education
- Administrative Support
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit resume and cover to Mary Cash at email@example.com
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Project RISE AmeriCorps Members...
- Afterschool Program Intern-...