Creative Design/ Webdesign Volunteer
Our great volunteer will conceptualize, design, and create communication supports as well as a new website design for our non profit organization. Our goal is to design functional and usable designs.
We have 2 opportunities.
Missions needing your help
OPPORTUNITY 1- WEBSITE :
* Review and evaluate existing website designs and look for ways to improve them
* Create new website elements
* File Management including naming conventions, folder organization and file migrations
* Design web advertisements, banner ads, and corporate identities to match look and feel of brand
* work with some Flash and video elements
OPPORTUNITY 2 - NEW APP
Help us create a new app to manage private classes,
- have student prepay for packages,
- book and cancel their classes following our cancellation policies
- set up reminder and calendar sync
- create automatic reports for payroll depending on the type of class
- check in/out for a class
- teacher/student communication and alerts
The perfect volunteer (S) :
* Passionate about french culture and Willing to help us in our development
* Huge interest for digital art and graphic design
* Mastery of some easy website creator such as wordpress/wix and/or Proficient in Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills
* Team player
* Systematic understanding of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and color
Duration: 3 to 6 months (10-30 hours per week) we are flexible.
What we Offer for You: This is a volunteer opportunity but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. Volunteering in the digital design field is a great way to get a jumpstart your career and gain tangible working knowledge. Your experience in a well known non profit organization will give you a great visibility and will enhance your resume.
Volunteer can win points that give acess to some french classes for free.
This an excellent opportunity to build a portfolio.
Please send your résumé, a cover letter and, if possible, a portfolio (highly recommended)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 days a week min for 3 month min