You have the power to use your skills, talents and abilities to make a difference as an Advocacy Volunteer with AARP Ohio.
AARP Advocacy Volunteers and staff work with legislators, citizens and partner organizations to impact the issues that older Ohioans care about most - helping people stay in their own homes, accessing affordable health coverage, improving health care quality, fighting for the utility consumer.
As an Advocacy Volunteer you will have the opportunity to:
- Add your unique voice to the discussion on creating positive social change in your community
- Benefit from high quality training and resources that will equip you to educate state and federal elected officials and get others involved in working on solutions
- Collaborate with outstanding individuals on the Advocacy Volunteer team who share your passion
- Develop new talents and gain deeper knowledge to help you shake up the status quo and impact the future
- Attend periodic regional and statewide meetings and participate in conference calls to keep you up to date on our key activities, priorities and successes!
If you have an understanding of the legislative process, past experience in elected office, or interest in grassroots organizing or participatory democracy, you have the foundation to be successful in this role.
At AARP we champion positive social change and deliver value through advocacy, information and service. Contact us today to find out more about this exciting volunteer opportunity. And please share this listing with friends and family who may be interested in becoming an AARP Ohio Advocacy Volunteer!
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- must use e-mail