Join the Spokane Walk to End Alzheimer's Committee!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where900 N. Howard St.Spokane, WA 99201
Position Title: Spokane Walk Committee Volunteer
Purpose: The Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our committee members play an active role in the planning, team recruitment, team retention, and execution of our Walk Event. Committee members provide an invaluable link to their local community for our events team and are integral to the success of each Walk
- Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and get an introduction to the Walk event model.
- Learn about the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and how the Walk to End Alzheimer’s fuels that mission.
- Choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Team Recruitment, Team Retention, Sponsorship, Marketing and Outreach, Logistics, or Mission. And support their event and program contributions surrounding the Walk.
- Participate in committee meetings once or twice monthly committee meetings
- Participate in additional community activities to raise awareness of the event, including planning wraparound events to be held prior to the Walk day.
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at alz.org/walk, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an excellent day-of-event experience for our participants.
- Expand the Planning Committee to reach additional professionals who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities.
Reports to: Event Coordinator
Length of Appointment: 1 year with a chance to renew
Time Commitment: One meeting per month, with additional responsibilities to be worked on according to your schedule
- Commitment to supporting the Alzheimer’s Association mission
- Self-starter, independent worker, outside the box thinker
- Ability to meet people easily and establish relationships.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and trends a plus
- Interest in developing skills related to event planning and/or fund development
- Adept communication skills over the phone, via email, and in person, excellent writing and editing skills a plus
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Event Coordinator will be available for questions and assistance.
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 Year Commitment, 4-5 hours/Month