Hope’s Crossing is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring hope in the lives of women trying to overcome the barriers of success that result from incarceration. We are a community based organization offers programs and services to support women as they strive towards re-entry into the community.
We are seeking multiple positions to faciilitate adult and youth (16-18) programs.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the interrelatedness of poverty, social injustice, and incarceration and assist us in creating an environment in which clients feel valued, engaged, empowered and sae to heal.
Classes that will be facilitated include:
- Unlocking secrets to who we are
- In touch with emotions and triggers
- Stress and Anger Managements
- Controlling our environment
- Setting boundries and having a voice
- Co-dependent behavior
- Self Reflection
- Forgiveness - hgealing the heart
- Generatioonal Pathology
Must Have skills necessary for consideration:
- Ability to administer/establish curriculum for programs
- Facilitating group sessions in a non-judgmental environment
- flexibility with curriculum and training schedule
- flexibility with personal availability to provide training as business demands/needs
- prior experience in group facilitation or training
- ability to conduct independent research to remain current in business trends
- Extensive knowledge and experience with coaching adult and/or adolescent women
- Ability to engage participants in the activities and balance out group discussion
- Assess participants challenges and barriers to successful re-entry
- Assess participants for challenges and barriers to re-entry plan
- Ability to turn conflict into a learning opportunity
Preferred Skills - In addition to substantive work experience:
- 3 years experience in group facilitation or training; or
- 2 years experience in counseling or social work ; and
- 2 years experience mentoring or coaching adult and/or adolescent women
Also meets one of the following classifications:
Behavioral Health Professional
An individual who meets the applicable requirements in A.A.C. R9-20-204 and is a licensed:
- Behavioral health medical practitioner,
- Social worker,
- Marriage and family therapist,
- Substance abuse counselor, or
- Registered nurse with at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience.
Behavioral Health Technician
An individual who meets the applicable requirements in A.A.C. R9-20-204 and:
- Has a master's degree or bachelor's degree in a field related to behavioral health.
- Has a bachelor's degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Has an associate's degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Adult Education
- Spiritual Healing
- Case Work / Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 5 hours per month