The American Diabetes Association Needs Your Help!
Join us at our new marquee event Board+WALK Festival featuring a walk, run and bike ride to raise awareness and fundrasing for diabetes.
1,200 participants will choose from 2 cycling route options (10 or 40 miles) or 5k run/walk.
-Route is fully supported with rest stops with drinks, medical professionals and mechanical support
-All participants are invited to enjoy free lunch, live entertainment and stretching post event.
-All proceeds from this event benefit the American Diabetes Association’s important mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes
*Volunteers will receive an Event Volunteer t-shirt, lunch and are welcome to enjoy the live entertainment, vendor village and Youth Zone. Our event is rain or shine, so please dress accordingly.
SET UP Saturday, September 23, 2017: Set up hours are 12 noon - 8 pm. Please come any time that works for you. Set up includes: unloading event supplies, setting up tables, chairs, pop up tents, placing items in the correct areas, putting up signs and decorating.
DAY OF EVENT Sunday, September 24, 2017: Various volunteer roles from set up, volunteer check in, registration, breakfast support, rest stops, kids zone, lunch support and breakdown. We will need about 200 volunteers to assist in all these areas. Hours range from 5am-6pm.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSE FORM
Jones Beach State Park, Field 5 - Long Island
ü Please check the area(s) you would be most interested in helping with:
- Logistical Support, i.e., Pick-up supplies, mark route, etc...
DAY BEFORE EVENT ASSISTANCE-9/23: 11am-7pm
- Help load cargo vans, set up chairs and tables, hang signs, etc...
DAY OF EVENT ASSISTANCE: (Please indicate 1 st and 2 nd choices)
APPROXIMATE times are indicated for each volunteer area.
- Set-up 5am - 8am
- Red Rider/Strider Tent 8am-4pm
- Champion Tent 8am-4pm
- Registration 6am-11:30 am
- Breakfast Duty 6:00am - 9:45am
- Parking early morning 6am
- Lunch Duty Various Shifts from 11am-4pm
- Supplies day before and morning of Tour
- Clean-Up Various Shifts all day
- Finish line Shifts from 11am-5pm
- Tear Down 2pm - 6pm
- Rest Stops Various Shifts 7am-4pm
- Route Directions/Traffic Marshals
- SAG/Vehicle Support Various Shifts all day 7am-4pm
- Various Shifts all day
Contact me about serving on a Tour de Cure committee.
DAY AFTER ASSISITANCE:
- Sign takedown 12-4
Please return by August 15 2017:
Doris Del Valle
- Administrative Support
- Event Management
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hour shift
- We will have an orientation meeting and/or phone call