Office Assistants work under the supervision of the Office Manager to carrying out administrative tasks and provide client services.
This position has considerable contact with the public. Successful volunteers in this position will have a respectful and accepting attitude, good personal hygiene, and dress appropriately in clean clothes. A polite and understanding attitude towards clients and volunteers is mandatory. All volunteers are required to sign a confidentiality aggreement to ensure information on individuals served is not disclosed to anyone other than staff members.
Volunteers may be required to lift a maximum of fifteen pounds.
Specific duties include:
- Answering telephone calls and directing them to appropriate staff members
- Registering clients for food shelf services
- Using the computer to enter service and donation data
- Administering bus passes and thrift store vouchers
- Assisting clients in the food shelf when needed
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 or more hours per week