Graphic Design Pro-Bono Entry-Level Professional
PROJECT SUMMARY: Words Heal, Inc. is seeking a graphic design professional to work toward the development of promotional campaigns and projects. Projects seek to increase the number of oral and written literary works which reflect the experiences of people of color, people of faith, the aged and the differently-abled.
Duration: This is an ongoing need, as our organization is in its infancy (incorporated 2015).
Hours: 10 to 20 hours per week.
Compensation: None. Time is calculated at professional's rate for in-kind donation, for tax purposes. We are a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include logos, direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
* Work closely with a project team of board members and volunteers to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials.
o Be proficient in and have access to Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications
o Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
o Must have excellent time management skills
o Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
o Must be able to define and work to deadlines
* Build your portfolio of work
* Flexible scheduling
* Be part of an innovative organization seeking to give voice to unheard stories and promote bibliotherapy toward the improvement of our audience's mental health.
* Help meet an important community need.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 Hours Per Week
- MUST INCLUDE PHONE NUMBER IN RESPONSE! Computer and Social Media Proficient