CAN TURN INTO A FULL TIME JOB
Christian Bible Ministries Foundation ("CBM")
Christian Bible Ministries was founded for the sole purpose of spreading the word of God.
Our first project is to create the CBM Bible. We are starting with the 1901 ASB and simply updating the English to be more contemporary and easy to read without jeopardizing the integrity of the translation.
The result will be a free bible available both online and eReader versions. This will be the first free, contemporary English Bible that will have virtually no restrictions on use, in keeping with Matthew 10:8 "... You have received without paying, so give without being paid" .
CBM is looking for a c opy editor who will take the Old Testament from 1901 and update the English. The Individual must love to w ork with scripture and who is attentive to detail s .Location: Virtual (Must attend weekly staff meeting on Skype Sat. 8.30am)
Direct Report(s):Position will report to the Senior Editor
Deliverable Outcomes :
CE will put together a schedule of when Bible chapters will be reviewed and finalized.
CE will be responsible for keeping to the schedule that is created
Responsibilities and Essential Functions :
The responsibilities for this role are:
Ensure that the updated verses are in keeping with the original text (i.e. Hebrew)
Ensure that any updated translation that diverges from "the norm" is documented, explained and approved.
Ensure that scheduled deliverables are not missed
The successful candidate must have the following experiences and qualifications:
- Must know Hebrew
- Must know the Bible
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must be organized
- Must have an excellent knowledge of the English language, including grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Bible and a growing understanding of evangelical Christian thought.
- Must possess basic and growing editorial judgment and knowledge of the complexities of writing and editing.
- Ability to read Hebrew is preferred.
- The personality traits that are key to success in this role include:
- High Integrity
- High Intellectual Curiosity
- High Energy
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- God Fearing
If you are interested: Please reply to this posting. Once you do you will receive an email asking you to submit:
- Salary requirements (if you are interested in the full-time position)
- Paragraph on why you want this position
- Faith-based Leadership
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer: 5 hrs/week Full-time: 40hrs/week