Chestnut Hill Farm is located in Southborough, it is a hidden gem providing organically grown vegetables to the local community through CSA and farm-stand. It is a growing endeavor with a planned membership of 250 in the next 3 years. As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
Working closely with a staff person you will:
- Help with all aspects of CSA/farm-stand morning harvest and prep
- Harvest and prep for distribution and sale a variety of seasonal vegetables which will include, cutting, bunching, washing, weighing, and packing and cooling
- Keep accurate records of all produce harvested including donated veggies
- Make sure that all air dry produce is protected from contamination by birds after harvest
- Clean up wash station area including rinsing and air drying buckets to prevent contamination
- Occasionally help with set up for farm stand
- Must be able to carry 40lb box/basket
- Standing/walking/bending while carrying full baskets for periods of time
Time Commitment 4-hour shifts during the growing season. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday shifts are avaialble. Come once or sign up for multiple shifts! Opportunties are avaialbe through the end of October.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- One 4 hour shift per week from June - October
- Come once or sign up for multiple shifts!
- Art and the Landscape...
- A New Framework for Dialogue
- New England Town Hall Meeting
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- Harvest Volunteers
- The Old Manse Event Volunteers
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Assistants-Harvest Festival
- Pop Up Program Assistants-Boston...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador, Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Program Assistants: Boston...
- A House of My Own: A Musical...
- Construction Assistant-Boston...